- Former state and federal prosecutor
- Her trial work was featured on ABC’S PRIMETIME LIVE, Discovery Channel’s Justice Files, and in USA Today, The National Enquirer, and REDBOOK
- Described by Calibre Press as “the indisputable master of enter ~ train ~ ment”
- Her programs on the Law Enforcement Television Network include a prestigious Telly Award that honors the finest video and film productions
- Her Public Radio stories include a national award winner
- She has been a regular featured columnist for www.policeone.com, www.officer.com and www.lawofficer.com
- Her writing has also been featured in Police Chief magazine, The Law Enforcement Trainer, Calibre Press Online Street Survival Newsletter, Alaska magazine, and the 2005 edition of the book SOLO: On Her Own Adventure
“We brought Val to enlighten, encourage and motivate nearly 400 local government leaders. The feedback was exceptional. She was informative and entertaining in one! We had several requests to bring her back again so they could send more staff next time.”
~ Joanne Bisquera, Director of Member Services, Enduris
“Bravo for this trainer! It is humanly impossible to nod or doze during Val’s seminars. Absolutely the most energetic and rewarding learning experience in my 27 years as a police chief in five states.”
~ Chief Randall Aragon, Fairbanks, AK
For over 30 years Val Van Brocklin has been winning hearts, inspiring action and helping people find greater meaning in the work they do. She got here through a unique combination of skills, education, and “in the trenches” experience — all fueled by her own passion for people who have chosen to serve others. Val had a teaching career before she earned her law degree at the University of Virginia and stalked high adventure in Alaska – joining the Anchorage District Attorney’s Office. She quickly became a senior trial attorney. Because of her notable work, Val was asked to join the state’s Office of Special Prosecution & Appeals where she had state-wide responsibility for cases that were so complex they required specialized investigative and prosecution efforts. Val’s endeavors again caught attention. She was recruited by the U.S. Attorney’s Office to prosecute complex white collar crime, for which she received the FBI’s commendation. As a state and federal prosecutor for over 10 years, Val’s trial work sparked not only ample, local media coverage but was also featured nationally on
- ABC’S PRIMETIME LIVE
- Discovery Channel’s Justice Files
- And in USA Today, The National Enquirer, and REDBOOK.
Throughout her career as a prosecutor, Val’s dynamic presentation style made her a frequently invited speaker for law enforcement and other professional and community groups. It also left her fielding many more speaking requests than she could possibly meet — prosecuting criminals is a full-time job. And so, another adventure presented itself.
Described by Calibre Press as “the indisputable master of enter~train~ment,” Val is now an internationally sought keynote speaker, trainer, and author.
- Her training programs can be seen on the Law Enforcement Television Network, one of which won a prestigious 2000 Telly Award that honors outstanding cable television and the finest video and film productions.
- Her Public Radio commentaries and stories include a 2005 national award winner.
- Her writing has also been featured in:
Police Chief magazine
The Law Enforcement Trainer
Calibre Press Online Street Survival Newsletter
Women in the Outdoors magazine
And the 2005 edition of the book ‘SOLO: On Her Own Adventure’.