VAL VAN BROCKLIN
Inspiring & Informing Those Who Serve Others with Deep Content & Dynamic Delivery
Val is passionate about helping those who serve others – public employees and their organizations – achieve their full potential.
Consistently garnering rave reviews, standing ovations, laughter, tears, and “hug lines,” Val combines an energizing performance with “in-the-trenches” experience and credibility. She not only inspires audiences, she gives them the practical, “how-to” steps and strategies for action.
- Former state and federal prosecutor
- Her trial work was featured on ABC’S PRIMETIME LIVE, Discovery Channel’s Justice Files, and in USA Today, The National Enquirer, and REDBOOK
- Described by Calibre Press as “the indisputable master of enter ~ train ~ ment”
- Her programs on the Law Enforcement Television Network include a prestigious Telly Award that honors the finest video and film productions
- Her Public Radio stories include a national award winner.
- She has been a regular featured columnist for www.officer.com, www.lawofficer.com, and www.policeone.com.
- Her writing has also been featured in Police Chief magazine, The Law Enforcement Trainer, Calibre Press Online Street Survival Newsletter, Alaska magazine, and the 2005 edition of the book SOLO: On Her Own Adventure.
The Spirit of Leadership
Winning Hearts and Inspiring Action. “Anyone can be a leader because anyone can serve.” ~ ...
Heroic Cynicism – Life in the Arena
Current thinking in public service, medicine, and the ubiquitous self-help movement is that cynicism is ...
Winning Courtroom Confrontations
A New Approach to Preparing Witnesses. Why is it critical for these people to win ...
Public Employees’ Rights, Responsibilities & Liabilities on the Internet
Roadkill on the Information Highway. Police officers, fire fighters, EMS workers, dispatchers, court personnel, hospital ...
How to Deliver Transformational Training
Grab ‘Em By The Hearts And Their Minds & Bodies Will Follow The mediocre teacher ...
A Winning Mindset for 21st Century Policing
Warriors, Guardians, Both or Something Different In response to highly publicized officer involved shootings, nation-wide ...
Ethical Challenges of Modern Policing
ReBluing Virtue. Police work is one of the most ethically dangerous occupations in the world. Why? Because ...
Successful Investigation & Prosecution Of Child Sexual Abuse Cases
Val knows the challenges of these cases from the inside out. During her tenure as ...
Special Challenges of Child Witnesses in Sexual Abuse Cases
Taking Up the Gauntlet Taking up the gauntlet means to accept a challenge – to ...
Special Challenges of Interviewing Child Sexual Abuse Offenders
Permission to Confess. Many child sexual abuse offenders rationalize their criminal conduct by deluding themselves ...
Wake up Warriors!
There are Amazons in Your Midst! This seminar debuted at the 1998 American Society of ...
Val is an internationally sought trainer and keynote speaker on topics crucial to a variety of public employees.
Training and conference planners love her professionalism, tailored approach, and experience. She will inspire your audience while delivering real-world, practical takeaways.
- Effective courtroom testimony
- The internet & public employee rights, responsibilities & liabilities
- Heroic Cynicism – Working in the Arena
- 21st century policing
- Procedural justice
- The criminal justice system
- Constitutional law for police in a democracy
- investigation & prosecution of child sexual abuse